Monday, August 16, 2010

What to do? Divorced- how to deal with ex who is a liar and emailing me a few times a week?

Ex constantly lies - in court and through emails- and seems to be dillussional. I am getting a few emails a week- which I usually ignore, but there is one that I will more than likely need to answer- as deals with our child and a cosmetic proceedure.(Ex wants me to pitch in for the 5K cost.) Oh, I should mention the emails never contain any questions for me- just statements/dmands. And lies- like that was nice of you to let me know ... this or that .... when I did let them know ... this or that.(If that makes any sense w/o getting iinto detail.) Now, I am at a loss because I want to keep the lines of communication open for our children. Although, ex sees communication differently- has destroyed my mail to kids, takes phone off hook/unplugs it so I can't talk to them/deletes my emails to them/or blocks me. This is the only email dealing with childs ';health'; - most are-you will do this because I say- like not have the kids around my family- or animals! What is a nice way to respond backWhat to do? Divorced- how to deal with ex who is a liar and emailing me a few times a week?
ask the authorities or your lawyer.What to do? Divorced- how to deal with ex who is a liar and emailing me a few times a week?
print out a copy of the emails. let her sink herself.
First off....make sure you keep all emails and replys u send to her....second.....I would request a copy of a bill for your childs proceedure before i would ever give her any money.....third....how old are your children??? when they get older they will ask questions. Do you have any court ordered visitation? if so wait until then to give the children things
Why are you so concerned about a ';nice way to respond back';? This guy is a jerk and he is manipulating you and keeping you off balance with his crazy-making ways.





Send him an e-mail and spell it out that in no uncertain terms will you communicate with him until he stays on the subject of the children, stops accusing you of things, stops trying to start arguments, etc. And, if he continues with the childish e-mails, just delete them and to Hell with him!





Now, from your posting, I am to assume the children are living with him? Or. when you write about not being able to talk to them, is that when he has them for his visitations?





I'm really not sure what the ';medical'; communication is all about...you'll have to be more specific about that.





Do not put up with his BS!!!
just agree, it saves arguments...





or





thank you for letting me know
Ask your attorney?
I'm not sure if there is a nice way to respond back. Do the kids know your ex is doing all of this? This is a hard one- my grandma always said if anyone is doing you wrong in anyway ''kill them with kindness' ,yeah i always found that hard to do , but it does work I seen her do it more times than I can count and people didn't know how to act she was so calm ,cool and collected, i amazed me that no matter the situation she always came out a winner. You know your ex, figure it out.......DO WHAT YOU HALF TO ,BUT MAKE SURE TH EX KNOWS YOU KNOW MORE THAN THEY THINK...
Keep the e-mails. S/he obviously is trying to control you through your children. Let him/her know that if s/he doesn't stop you will have to fight for full custody to protect the children. I really would not want to leave my children alone with a man/woman that is so domineering and obsessive. Supervised visitation seems to be the best option.
change your e-mail? (but this would be cutting communication off about your kids.)





have you gotten the police involved?
Save the emails and bring to your lawyer. Find out what your options are and figure out what your goals are. Do you want your children full time?





Have your lawyer rewrite your divorce agreement and clarify what you are responsible for.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment