Monday, August 16, 2010

How to deal with ex-gf?

My ex-gf and I broke up around 2 months ago, I was cool for a while, but we remained very attached and I ended up panicking and trying desperately to get back together with her which backfired horribly and ended up with her telling me to stop calling. I know from friends though that this was all simply in anger over my stupid and desperate actions, and now that I am back to my normal self, and she has cooled down, she seems to be trying to get back in touch (a short email to see if i was in town, a couple of chat messages)...but I have not answered her. I think we both really want to get back together deep down, but am not sure what to do. She is very proud and would not easily admit that she wants me back, even if she does (and both I and her friends think she does). I feel I should either carry on ignoring her for a while, or maybe see her very casually but not push things at all..what do you think will give us the best chance of saving our strong, wonderful relationship of 2 years?How to deal with ex-gf?
People normally want that which they cannot have. However, if she's throwing you a biscuit, you ought to respond with a friendly wag of your tail or something. Wait till she contacts you again, and then respond back with a short, ';I'm doing great, how are you'; message. Make sure she knows that you are happy and well adjusted and do not give her any idea that you're going to be desperate and frantic. That will scare her off. I believe in you! You can save this if you're careful!How to deal with ex-gf?
Be willing to risk vulnerability yourself by opening your heart and telling your story. Then be quiet and listen to her heart. Give her the time and space to battle with her pride. That's a battle she alone must fight. If it's love, and if love wins the battle, be ready to love and celebrate. And if it isn't, well, be willing to move on to someone who chooses love.
If it had been longer since you saw her, I'd suggest mentally denying that you know her. don't try to renew the relationship with her, unless she's willing to renew it, and let you be in charge. IF she's too proud to admit taht she wants you back, maybe she really doesn't. So go ahead, forget her, deny you know her, and move on to another lady. Maybe the new one will be better for you.
I'd highly recommend that you take things very slowly. Start hanging out with other friends in a social group and see how that turns out between you both. If you ignore her you might be missing out on something great and she'll really not like you. Main thing: keep it slow and don't push her into anything. She'll come around if she really does like you still.

No comments:

Post a Comment