Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with an ex husband who refuses to pay child support?

I'm finishing my divorce up and since december 07 he has not paid a lick of child support, and I'm have problems paying things because of it, if you have gone through this tell me how you dealt with it.How do you deal with an ex husband who refuses to pay child support?
I always hear people say 'take him to court' ( I have), 'report him' (he has been), 'he HAS to pay' (he hasn't) ... 'he will go to jail!' ( hasn't yet). Well we have been to court three different times since 1994 and he now owes $60,000.00+! They know where he lives, know where he works (he change jobs alot) but I still cannot get them to enforce him to pay. At one time I had to go on food stamps and state medical for the kids, GUESS WHAT... They found him and he paid... because they (the government) wanted to get that $ back. I went back to work got off assistance and haven't been able to have it enforced since and cannot afford an attorney. I wish you the best of luck for you and your children but I just don't believe all this HE HAS TO and HE WILL GO TO JAIL... Good Luck %26amp; Take Care!How do you deal with an ex husband who refuses to pay child support?
Use your lawful remedy. Have your attorney file a motion with the court. If you don't have an attorney you can get legal aid. Make it painful on him. Tell the court you suspect that his wages have increased. He will have to redisclose and if his wages have increased you are entitled to more support. If he still doesn't pay you can have his wages garnished (again consult atty or legal aid of the court). Some men will quit work over it and if he does, he's just stupid. But then again, he lost you, didn't he?
I reported it to the court and he still didn't pay. Finally I gave up and am doing it on my own. You can go through the court or call your local child support enforcement agency and hope they do something about it.
I am a single father with full custody and never asked for a dime in child support. If you want the responsibility of your kids then take it in full and dont rely on someone else to pay for it. Its called getting a job.
He's in contempt of court. He either pays or goes to jail.


Contact the enforcement agency with all details of his arrears, and provide his place of work. His wages should be garnished.
Take him to court for it - contempt of court! non-payment of child support... you can get the arrears, and even request that it come from wage withholding.
Being a man the most direct way to deal with this problem is take out an abandonment warrent against him and let court sort it out.
Sue his As$. I know people who have gone through the same thing hun, and the only way you'll get something out of him is with a court order.
The IRS sent me his tax refunds. He called whining about that. I told him too f-cking bad.
Court
u take him to court for contempt and get his wages garnished
  • antivirus download
  • ie tab
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment