Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do ex-smokers deal with...?

I'm about to quit the evil tobacco weed (again - quitting smoking's a habit of mine), but how do people who've successfully managed it deal with the following?





1. Lack of concentration and focus, in the first couple of weeks at least.


2. The overwhelming compulsion to disembowel the next person that comes within ten meters of you with a pitchfork.


3. The overwhelming compulsion to disembowel Gordon Brown (the UK's tax-happy chancellor) with a pitchfork for having looted so much of your income over the years while still having the nerve to claim that smokers have been a financial drain on the health service?How do ex-smokers deal with...?
Umm, I got pregnant and it made me sick... is that an option for you? :) try the gum or the patch. invest in some toothpicks for the oral fixation part. Dont replace food with your need for a smoke. if you dont want the nicotine gum, buy regular gum, get the kind with sugar. At least the sugar will give you a slight upper for a few ticks. If you still feel the need to harm others, buy a punching bag and spend half an hour at the end of your day taking your frustrations out on it. You can even tape pictures of the people pissing you off the most onto it!How do ex-smokers deal with...?
It took me about ten tries before I was finally able to quit smoking. Its hard as hell, but you just need to fight through it. You have to remember why you quit and get support from your family and friends. The agony goes away after a couple of weeks for the most part, and it gets much easier. You just have to be strong and not give in no matter what. There is nothing else that you can do. You will be happy that you did. Oh, and stay away from smoke filled environments and people who smoke for a while.
Lol! It's hard but you can make it!
Yeah, know what you mean. Quitting's been a bit of a habit of mine too. And as for the lack of concentration and focus.........well ..... what I think is........wait, what was i talking about?
it is not easy and it takes alot of will power good luck
Start drinking...it worked for me.
May have to put up with some of this stuff for a short while. well worth it though.
go to quit assist.com and or see your doctor...there are steps you can take to mentally prepare yourself for the detox your body will undergo...it is as bad as someone giving up heroin...there are also some great medications that can be taken to help bring you back easier...it's hard so use every available bit of help...you can do it!
I quit 4 years ago, I had caught pneumonia, my DR. told me to quit smoking OR die, I quit right then %26amp; there....cold turkey!!
crack cocaine, it's the only way...
D-d-dum... dum... dum... another one bites the dust.
Chewing gum helps, a cup of coffee in your hand helps, mints, lolly's that sort of thing. I quit 5 years ago and at times I still want to smoke, but I haven't yet. I use all of these methods to beat the disease. Good luck to you...
Me too! I have set the date and with support for the process I am determined to do it.


Good luck and hopefully someone has ideas to aid you in your quest for freedom from the devil.
I am a smoker and I have no clue how they deal with it. My ex gives me grief all the time because he quit....cold turkey....my dad on the other hand, used Commit Lozenges to quit a 45 year 2 1/2 pack a day habit and I am so proud of him. He still uses the Commit stuff all the time....and he'll tease me that he doesn't have to go outside anymore :)





Good luck...its really hard to quit and I hope you get all the support that you need to be successful!
LOL! I'm in the same boat - good luck!
I have extreme difficulty with the 3rd one- so I have had to leave the country.


And now I smoke a pipe and cigars, so not healthy- but very satisfying....


We all have to die somehow- and why not make the shittiest years over as quickly as possible.
take a B-complex for concentration


drink plenty of water and chew gum


my cousin when having a craving would lick cigarrette ashes (not for the faint of heart) but it cured him
Have you noticed that my sense of smell has increased since I quit as well. .. everything seems to smell bad to me these days, even things that I like...I'm trying to quit too. I have those overwhelming urges too, I just bite my lip and try take a deep breath.
My boyfriend quit smoking and he did it by chewing gum or sucking on candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment